In the best interest of the health of our students and staff, cleaning crews will be working hard to sanitize the buildings this weekend.
While handwashing and proper hygiene is the basis for optimal health, there are several things that parents/guardians can do to help our children stay healthy:
- Coughing or sneezing: Please remind children to cough or sneeze into a tissue or their elbow if a tissue isn’t available.
- Wash hands often with soap and water: Wash them for 20 seconds, and help young children do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (stations can be found in classrooms and throughout the buildings). Viruses that cause colds can live on your hands, and regular hand washing can help protect children from getting sick. The graphic above demonstrates correct handwashing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands: Viruses that cause colds can enter your body this way and make you sick.
- Daily cleaning: Staff members are consistently cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. If you have extra sanitizing wipes and would like to donate them, our teachers would appreciate receiving the supplies.
- Washing: This is a great opportunity for families to wash all backpacks, lunch bags, coats, hats and mittens. In addition, daily proper hygiene will help reduce the spread of viruses from home to school and back.
- Get plenty of rest: Young bodies needs sufficient rest in order to keep up its defenses.
- Fever: If your child has a fever, please keep them home. Fever often accompanies a contagious illness, so it’s important to keep your child home from school until he/she is fever-free for at least 24 hours. See the chart below if you are not sure when to keep your child at home.
Lorain County Public Health has information regarding the seasonal flu here: https://www.loraincountyhealth.com/flu. Flu shots are still available.
Information regarding the common cold can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/features/rhinoviruses/
If you are a caregiver please seen the information below:
Together we can provide a healthy environment for our students.