On Tuesday, October 3, we will be holding a flag dedication ceremony at Firelands High School.
Several organizations within Firelands High School have worked together to raise the funds needed to cover the purchase and installation of a 12 x 18 flag that is mounted to the gymnasium ceiling and will be lowered before the start of important events.
On October 3rd, our high school volleyball teams will be playing Brookside. Our JV game will begin at 5:30 pm and we will hold our ceremony in between the JV and Varsity games.
We are extending an invitation to all veteran organizations as well as our community to attend this Flag Dedication Ceremony. In order to show the importance of such an event, Firelands students will not be charged an admission to the volleyball games. Please join us on October 3rd at approximately 6:15 pm to pay your respects to our flag.
Our deepest appreciation to our donors:
- VLW Post 1662
- Matthew Stempowski, DDS
- American Legion Post 118
- Sons of American Legion Squadron 118
- Legion Auxilary Unit 118
- FHS Class of 1958
- TLC Donation Drive
- Amherst Eagles Aerie 1441
- American Legion Post 12
- Wellington Eagles Aerie 2051
- VFW Post 7576
- VFW Post 8686
- VFW Post 9871
- Disabled American Veterans CH 49
- Joe and Kelly Miller
- Amherst Legion Riders – Amherst
- Joe Horvath – LC Veteran of the Year 2017
Special thanks to:
- Larry Niehart/Ziggys for feeding our TLC students during their efforts
- Sherry Rumph/Judco Inc. for the lettering for the flag casing
- Student Council for providing the flowers
- Macey Butchko for singing our National Anthem
- Mr. Joe Miller and Mr. Ty Stillman for their leadership with this project