Welcome Back Falcons!
Below you will find information that you might find helpful as we start the school year. Please mark your calendars for the important dates and enjoy the rest of summer!
First day of school: August 29, 2017 (for grades 1-12)
Firelands Elementary Open House: August 28th*
- Open House for Kindergarten
- 5:00 pm supply drop
- Parent Meeting in the gym 5:20 pm-5:45 pm
- Open House for grades 1-2
- 5:00 pm-5:45 pm
- Open House for grades 3-5
- 5:45 pm-6:30 pm
Firelands Elementary New Student Orientation: August 22nd at 9:00 am
South Amherst Middle School Open House: August 29th*
Grades 6-8 6:00 – 7:15 pm
South Amherst Middle School 6th Grade Parent Orientation: August 20th at 6:30 pm
South Amherst Middle School New Student Orientation: August 24th at 10:00 am
Firelands High School Open House: August 31st*
Grades 9-12 6:00 – 7:00 pm
Firelands High School 9th Grade/ New Student Parent Meeting: August 31st at 5:00 pm
* The Open House schedules are new this year. It was changed after multiple families asked for a staggered Open House schedule. People with children in multiple buildings had a very hard time making all of the stops, even with extended hours. Our youngest children have the first Open House and it moves with age. Due to the large number of students and families who are affiliated with the Lorain County Fair, we could not offer Open House during fair week. Any family is encouraged to contact the building’s Guidance Department if they feel additional support is needed prior to Open House.
School Supply Lists
Please click here to download the District Calendar.
The National School Lunch Program is a federally assisted meal program. It provides nutritionally balanced, low-cost or free lunches to children each school day. An updated meal application must be filled out every school year if you would like assistance. Hard copies will also be included in every student welcome packet.
Please visit the Food Service page for additional information.
No School for students on September 4th in observance of Labor Day
Schedules for FHS and SAMS will be mailed home prior to the start of school. Homeroom lists for FES and SAMS will be posted on the office doors on August 23rd.
Powerschool is currently disabled. Once schedules are complete, Powerschool will be operational.
Please click the following link to view the bus routes: ROUTES-BY TWNSP-17-18. If you have transportation questions please visit Mr. Sayler’s website. Please note we will be working with some detours across the district:
- Baumhart Road will be closed on August 21st for 60 days at Middle Ridge Road.
- Joppa Road remains closed.