Firelands has once again been recognized by the NAMM Foundation!
For the fifth year in a row, we are one of 4% of districts across the nation receiving this prestigious award! The award program recognizes outstanding efforts by teachers, administrators, parents, students and community leaders who have made music education part of the curriculum. Designations are made to districts and schools that demonstrate an exceptionally high commitment and access to music education.
Thank you to our fantastic Music Educators: Mr. Dustin Wiley, Mrs. Wendy Johnson, Mr. Mike Brawley and Mrs. Julene Woods. Well done!
Our music student have a very busy Spring! The following concerts and competitions are great ways to see our students in action.
Firelands High School Band:
- The Firelands High School Band Spring Concert will be held April 10th at 7:00 p.m. at FHS
- The High School Jazz Band will be performing at Firestone High School for the Tri-C Jazz Festival on Wednesday April 12th around 11 am.
- The High School Band will be performing in Hershey Pennsylvania on May 12th for the Music in the Parks Band Competition.
- The Marching Band will be performing at the following Memorial Day Parades on Memorial Day Weekend: Kipton, South Amherst, and Birmingham.
Firelands High School Choir:
- The Firelands High School Choirs will perform on May 13th from 12-4 pm at The Fine Arts Festival at SAMS
- The Freshmen Girls Choir, Concert Choir and Select Choirs will holds its annual Spring Concert on May 16th at 7:00 pm at FHS
- The Firelands Choir Students will have their State Competition on Friday, April 28th, at Highland High School in Medina
- On May 19th the Choir Students will participate at the Cedar Point Competition
- The SAMS 7th grade and 8th grade choirs will hold their Spring Concert on May 25th at 7:00 pm at SAMS
- The SAMS Band will hold their Spring Band Concert on May 24th @ 7:00 pm
- The 2nd Grade Spring Concert is May 18th at 6 pm at FES
- The 4th & 5th Grade Honors Choir will be performing at both the 2nd Grade Concert & Fine Arts Festival on May 13th
- The Fifth Grade Band will hold their Spring Concert on May 31st at 7:00 pm at FES
To learn more about the NAMM Foundation click here.