What Dangers face the 21st Century Child?
We will explore this question at our free event on March 23rd at SAMS. Speakers from across Lorain County will be talking with our guests about dangerous topics that face our youth such as:
- Anxiety and the Elementary Student
- Career Trends and Occupations in Lorain/Erie Counties
- College Credit Plus Program
- College Now Program
- Drug and alcohol addiction
- Excel Camp at JVS
- Healthy Relationships and Teen Dating
- Human Trafficking
- Internet Crimes Against Children
- Raising Resilient Children
- Students transitioning to SAMS
- Students transitioning to FHS
- The SOS (teen suicide) Program
- Using Mediation in The Home
- Project Dawn
- and more
We strongly encourage any resident of Lorain or Erie County to attend this important evening. Breakout sessions will run starting at 5:15 and each session will last from 20-40 minutes. On average, we will have 10 speakers hosting informative sessions at a time. Guests are encouraged to choose topics/speakers that interest them. Due to the content, this evening is geared for the adult listener. Complete schedules will be offered at the door.
We will also offer a Hall of Information that will provide further assistance in areas of mental and physical health, as well as information for children to become involved with healthy alternatives. Spend some time speaking with teams from The Lorain County Mental Health Services, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Lorain County 4-H, The Lorain County Joint Vocational School, Catholic Charities, The Lorain County General Health District, LCADA, The Nord Center and more.
If you are a Firelands resident, please note that staff will be on hand to help answer any internal questions regarding our district. Learn about school specific items/programs that can be used as great parenting or guardian tools such as :
- Firelands Facebook
- Firelands Blog
- Firelands Express
- Firelands Twitter Accounts
- Online Educational Supplemental Programs including Wonders, My Math, myON and more.
Doors open at 5:00 p.m. on March 23 and dinner will be provided at no cost. An incentive to those who attend 3 or more sessions will be offered!
If you would like additional information on this event, please contact Jennifer at (440) 965-5821 ext. 1015 or at email@example.com