Tri- M Music Honor Society
Firelands High School Chapter 6986
The Tri-M Music Honor Society® is a program of NAfME which focuses on creating future leaders in music education and music advocacy. There are more than 1,800 chapters across all 50 states, involving more than 75,000 students. Each year, these students contribute more than 750,000 service hours to their schools and local communities, and raise nearly $1 million for causes they care about.
Firelands started their first chapter three years ago under co-advisors, Wendy Johnson and Dustin Wiley. The first year, Firelands Tri-M had 15 student members consisting of juniors and seniors. The second year, the chapter opened up their membership to include sophomores and it grew to 18 members. This year, there are 28 Tri-M Music Honor Members.
The purpose of the Firelands Chapter 6986 is to:
- Provide an appropriate method for recognizing the musical achievements of our members.
- Strengthen our school’s music program.
- Help our members reach their full musical potential.
- Motivate and recognize our members’ musical and personal achievements, credits, and grades.
- Encourage our members to work together toward the same goal.
- Inspire and challenge our members.
- Focus public attention on our school’s music program through community service.
- Students are required to hold a 3.0 or higher GPA, complete 90 hours of service, 10 of those hours must be community service, and attend bi-weekly meetings.
The Tri-M application process will begin in mid-March, be listening for announcements. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email or call Mrs. Wendy Johnson at email@example.com or 440-965-5351.