The Right to Read Week was May 16-20th and Firelands Elementary created a fun time with ‘Reading is Soooooo Delicious’! The activities were based around books with a food theme!
During the week, the library was turned into The Book Cafe for a book tasting! Each day of the week had a theme and students were encouraged to participate. The students enjoyed the following days:
- Monday: Recipe sharing day! Bring a favorite family recipe to put in the sharing pot. Cook-a-Doodle-Doo! By: Janet Stevens
- Tuesday: Dress Like a Chef Day! (wear aprons, etc. or food themed clothing) Geronimo Stilton: The Super Chef Contest
- Wednesday: Wear Green Day! Green Eggs and Ham : Dr. Seuss
- Thursday: Wear Your Rain Boots! Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs: Judi Barrett
- Friday: Wear the Color of Your Favorite Hot Dog Topping! Hot Diggity Dog: Adrienne Sylver
Thank you to the Right to Read Committee for planning out this extremely fun week: Mrs. Schuster, Mrs.Eibel, Ms. Bunt, Mrs. Woods, Mrs. Donanos, Ms. Teter, Mrs. Ollis, and Mrs. Schneider!