Mr. Brad McCracken-Treasurer of the Firelands Local School District
Although Mr. McCracken has only been with Firelands for the last five years, his impact on our district will be felt for many years to come.
Under his leadership the FLSD has received the Ohio Auditor of State Award on two different occasions. Entities that receive this prestigious award must meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
- The entity has no other financial or other concerns
Mr. McCracken will be leaving at the end of December to become the Treasurer of the Eastwood Local Schools. He will now be working within the district where he lives. This change will save him a 3 hours commute!
We wish him well in his new position but more importantly we thank him for his genuine dedication to Firelands.
Looking forward, we welcome Ms. Keri Angney as the new Treasure of the FLSD.
Mr. Dwayne Becker – School Board Member
According to the National School Board Association, “The most important responsibility of school boards is to work with their communities to improve student achievement in their local public schools. ” Mr. Becker has been working towards this goal since he took office in 2004.
A graduate of Firelands High School, Dwayne was first elected to the Board in November of 2003, again in 2007, and for a third time in 2011. During his 12 years on the Firelands Board of Education, Dwayne served on various board committees, JVS liaison, vice-president from 2004-2010 and as president in 2011.
On behalf of your fellow board members, our community, and the staff and students of Firelands Local Schools, thank you for your commitment to our school district.
We welcome Mr. Tom Myers, as the newest member of the FLSD Board of Education.