The OHSVCA (Ohio High School Volleyball Coaches Association) announced that Jim Muth was named the recipient of the 2015 Sportsmanship, Ethics and Integrity Award. It was also announced that the SEI award will now be known as the Jim Muth Sportsmanship Award, in his memory.
Let it Fly, Falcons.
March 30, 2015
It is with great pleasure the Ohio High School Volleyball Coaches Association announces the 2015 Sportsmanship, Ethics, and Integrity Award to Jim Muth, former coach at Firelands High School, District 3 Trustee, and OHSVCA Vice President.
Jim Muth began in the OHSVCA association as a Trustee for District 3 in 2008. He was elected Vice President in 2009 and served until July 2011. Jim passed away in 2013 from injuries sustained in a car accident.
The criteria for the SEI award, given by the OHSVCA, includes:
- A person who is a positive role model for others
- A person who exemplifies an unwavering commitment to good sportsmanship
- A person who reflects a high level of ethics and integrity in carrying out all professional responsibilities
- A person who teaches positive values by words and deeds
- A person who, for a number of years, has faithfully served the youth of Ohio
The OHSVCA Board of Directors unequivocally recognize that Jim Muth encompassed each of these qualities fully. His dedication to God, his family, his students and his athletes were apparent to all who knew him.
The Ohio High School Volleyball Coaches Association proudly announces following this year, OHSVCA will replace the SEI award with the “Jim Muth Sportsmanship Award” in memory of this outstanding member of our association.