The National Honor Society bases its membership on its four pillars: character, scholarship, leadership, and service.
Per the NHS National Constitution, all chapters’ eligibility requirements must include, at minimum:
- attending school in grades 10 through 12
- maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 85 percent, B, 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), or equivalent standard of excellence
- demonstrating volunteer or service hours
- preserving an excellent record of behavior in and out of school
- participating in leadership roles in school and/or community activities.
The Firelands Chapter of The National Honor Society held its Induction Ceremony on April 10, 2014 at FHS. This year 5 students gained membership into the Society:
Alyssa Bonomolo, Demi Dovin, Katie Fath, Rachel Nitchman and Johnathan Sigsworth.
The advisor for The National Honor Society is Mr. Kirsch.
Congratulations to these students on such a prestigious honor!